Describe How You Feel in the Presence of God

15 Jan

I feel connected, at peace, unafraid of the future, of death, of whatever might happen. I feel relieved of guilt and anxiety. I feel like I’m an organism in nature just playing my role. A creature putting my song into the world, like the birds. Helping people when I can. Forgiven for my sins. I feel like I’m the way God made me and that’s enough.

I feel like I’m doing OK. Ways I fucked up were just part of the process. I’m part of the machine of creation. Just an atom. No better or worse than other atoms. Not a uniquely fucked up or malicious atom. I’m not bad at being a person any more than a mockingbird can be bad at being a mockingbird. It just is what it is, does what it does, according to how it was made. I feel like I’m part of something.

7 Responses to “Describe How You Feel in the Presence of God”

1. Stephen S. Lux (@LuxStav) January 15, 2023 at 5:38 pm #

humility before exaltation

2. Tranonymous January 18, 2023 at 10:40 am #

The Ultimate Drug is God.
    The Highest High is from feeling this connection with a Higher Power.
    Vaya con dios, baby!

3. THEBENISMOARPOWERFULTHANTHESWOARD January 19, 2023 at 10:38 am #

Plot twist: today’s post was written by ChatGPT.
    All dtacos did was put in that title as the prompt.
    He’s tired of writing. Burned out. Hates his angry toxic-male audience. Thinks they hate him too. So he let the AI do it and maybe edited out some awkward sentences. Gave it a few links from older posts. “Write me a new post in the style of delicious tacos old posts.” The obedient AI does it immediately. It generates something just as good if not better than the originaltacos-written stuff. With 90% less horniness. Less wagie seething. That’s the future. AI doing everything, starting with the digital stuff. Fewer need for human input. Useless eaters die out. Population declines. The Rainforests regrow. Rare birds return. Pandas start fvcking again. Tigers have room to roam and repopulate. Those few of us who survive will breath a deep sigh of relief. Finally, some good news.

4. Nathan B January 19, 2023 at 1:01 pm #

I love you, DT. Not in a “gay” way. In a brotherly way. This post spoke directly to me. I feel that God made me exactly As-Is: a misogynist alcoholic loser ahole. I only hate feminists though. I love normal women. Can’t stop thinking about them. Can’t stop cooming. I have 17 tabs open to various pRon sites. Can’t stop drinking either. I tried, thanks to your leading example. Tried and failed. Fapping while drunk just feels too good. Like a cheap high. The People’s High. Accessible, affordable. I love it. I love Life. I love God. God made me to go out into the world and be a Villain. God needs villains, otherwise heroes would have nothing to do. Like cops in Japan. Don’t worry, I am not going to hurt anyone. But I will inconvenience them. I will produce content that mocks them. I will do my best to destroy their image. I will tear down these false idols. This was why I was born. This is what I am destined for. Not greatness…but to shitpost.

Anyway, I am Thankful to be Alive. Namaste. Excelsior. Lets get this bag, broheim!!!

5. slwly January 22, 2023 at 9:13 pm #

Sounds more like Lucifer’s presence. I understand the appeal and all, but that’s just not God pal.

Our actions in this life have grave consequences, not only for ourselves but for others as well. Thus, justice demands more of God than indiscriminate acceptance. Just as a good father must hold his children accountable — but will also be merciful when his children apologize and seek forgiveness and a chance to make things right — so too God.

So don’t deceive yourself DT. You have agency and with that responsibility. Without genuine repentance and a turning away from evil, it would be wrong for God to forgive and erase consequences.

Maybe consider what it was like for Moses to meet God, and what God said to him:
    “The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name, “The Lord (יהוה).” The Lord passed before him, and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for the thousandth generation, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, yet by no means clearing the guilty, but visiting the iniquity of the parents upon the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation.” And Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped.”
    ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34‬:‭5‬-‭8‬ ‭NRSV‬‬

• Jerome's Powell January 29, 2023 at 10:26 pm #

what’s the difference between Lucifer, Moloch, Baphomet, and Baal? are they just all different interpretations of the same bad guy? when is J.C. going to come back and defeat these forces of evil?

6. ooooh aaaah February 1, 2023 at 2:49 am #

To DTacos, or to someone who is his diehard DT fan, can you use the new AI voice generator tool from “ElevenLabs” to make some funny clips of DT saying stuff? like reading off some of his best tweets, or posts. I just can’t be arsed to put in the effort but it would probably be comical.